Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stuffing Envelopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven’t blogged in a few days; we've been busy, busy, busy printing letters and stuffing envelopes.  We are sending out around 800 letters introducing Getting Ahead and Bridges Out of Poverty to our community and informing them of our up coming Getting Ahead and Bridges Out of Poverty Community Informational Workshop on June 17th at First United Methodist Church.   Our mailing list includes Rogers’s county businesses, banks, civic organizations, and churches, Judges, Police and Sheriff Departments and personal friends.  Keep an eye on your mail box you just may have a letter from us.  If you don’t get a letter, you were not looked over on purpose it was just our tongues ran out of lick.  You and anyone you know who is interested in being involved in reducing the cycle of poverty are MORE than welcome. You can sign up on facebook at Getting Ahead, Rogers County or leave me a commit on this blog.


 I’m getting very excited about our workshop, I will be presenting the information and as those of you who know me I am not shy but I am a little anxious about this presentation.  Thoughts keep running through my mind like will there be anybody at the meeting, will there be a lot of people at the meeting, will I make the information interesting….. on and on.  Then I tell myself, God put you here in this work and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment