Monday, June 2, 2014

In the beginning.........

This is how it all began, sometime mid year of 2013 my Pastor, Charles Ragland, announce at church or mentioned in Sunday school or somewhere that there was a ½ a day workshop about helping people in poverty at First United Methodist Church here in Claremore.  I knew of many organizations and charities that help people with immediate needs but none that help people get out of generational poverty. To say the least, I was intrigued. Pastor Charles and I attend the Bridges Out of Poverty workshop and it all made really good sense to me and so I signed on.  A few months before the workshop I had lost my desk job and decided to start flipping houses for a while, by not having an eight to five job I would be able to put in some real time helping to get this initiative off the ground.  I really feel that God, once again, turned a not so good thing into one of the biggest blessings of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment